Having just defeated one of the two fleets waiting to ambush them in the rightmost route of the Stygian Caldera, the corporate-sponsored pirate fleet, led by Sirra Lightcaster, performed some light repair on their ship, knowing full well that a similar, yet larger, fleet was on their tail. With food supplies dwindling, the crew either needed to spend some time scavenging or accept the morale loss tied to rationing what they had left. With only a few parsecs remaining until the end of the sector, the crew just had to hold themselves together.
- The fleet stopped for 1 day and repaired some of the Stalwart Claymore’s damage.
- The fleet jumped forward another parsec.
- Sirra kept the crew’s morale from falling.
As the fleet continued through the sector, the group compiled all of their map data. The data showed that there was another, disconnected hyperroute that VEGA could jump to, given enough time. The crew decided to take the risk, knowing that this would throw off their pursuers.
- While waiting for VEGA to make the preparations:
- Krassk and C-17 jumped ahead to scout the area.
- Jak decided that the crews should repair their hull once more.
- Marcus was told by Faarl that the enemy fleet placement has been too convienent and he doesn’t trust one of the crewmembers.
- Krassk and C-17 went into orbit of Ch’hodos.
- They learned that this planet connected back to the center route.
- They were swarmed by 3 Dorna’enok Sithspawn.
- After dispatching them, they collected their bodies, hoping to get some supplies.
- The crew would come to get 2 fleet food supply from the creatures.
- Once the fleet was together, they made their “blind” jump between routes.
- They emerged safely on the other side near another planet.
The star system waiting for the fleet on the other side of hyperspace held a dark, thunderous planet covered in lightning storms. A preliminary scan of the planet revealed that there was a faint signal coming from an outpost on the surface. Sirra decided to send an away team to investigate hoping to either find some map data or supplies.
- Krassk, Jonesey, C-17, Marcus, and 4 First Sun Mobile Regiment went down.
- The several craft brought them down to the smoothed, black surface.
- Just as they approached the base, 2 defense turrets extended themselves.
- The group evaded them, landing in an area far from the outpost.
- Marcus searched for a good way to proceed/enter the base.
- The group found a hidden route, away from the defense turrets, leading to the side of the elevated structure.
- The group climbed the building, and dropped into the dark insides through a hatch.
- The interior was similar in appearance to the other black metallic w/ gold accent asteroid base encountered earlier.
- The room had several droids (8) and another, larger droid manning the station.
- The droids (and faciltiy) appeared to be at least 1000 years old, fulfilling their orders from then.
- The group planted some explosives and ambushed the group.
- After nearly losing a FSMR mercenary, the group left the outpost having defeated the droids and taken their map data.
- The group returned to the fleet where Jak was keeping the mercenaries away from the package.
The group proceeded to the alternate exit to the Stygian Caldera. After flying by another, useless planet and doing some light repairs for the last time, the crew was ready to start their exit. The group knew that the last parsec would contain an “ace-in-the-hole” according to C-17’s info from the Marauder’s captain. VEGA informed the crew that the final stretch of super-dense nebula had to be traversed via subspace.
- Once ready, the crew jumped into the final sector, ready to fight or flee.
- The fleet emerged next to a small planetoid just a few km from the nebula.
- The planetoid offered concealement due to the fragments coming from it.
- The far port side of the final nebula was brimming with lightning storms and other natural hazards.
- The crew detected a large (sil 6) Ubrikkian battlecruiser lying in-wait starboard.
- The Gravy Train’s crew determined that the ship likely belonged to Garo Desyk.
- Knowing the ship could rival the whole fleet, the crew opted to sneak by.
- The ships gained momentum, shut off their engines, and coaseted into the nebula.
- While coasting by, the cruiser did not appear to notice them.
The fleet, having traversed almost the entire caldera, was nearing safety as every ship was flying through the dense, orange nebula in subspace. Nearing the end (after a slow 20 hour trip), the noticed a massive blackness beginning to “emerge.” At first, The Stalwart Claymore’s crew thought that it was the blackness of space, only to realize that it was a supermassive ship beckoning the fleet’s response.The massive (sil 9) ship, later identified to be called the Reborn Silencer, sent a transmission to every crewmember’s personal comlink.
- The message, given by the voice of Garo Desyk, offered surrender of the package.
- He offered them near equal to pay to what their corporate sponsors were offering and a guarantee to survive.
- After hearing this, The Stellar Drax crew decide to finally open the package.
- The object inside was 1-foot-wide tetrahedron made of black metal, adorned with gold accents and ancient heiroglyphics.
- Jak recognized this as a Sith holocron.
- The voice stated that it was too late to glean anything that could help them. saying that it need more time to train them.
- VEGA informed the crew that the craft was blocking the way.
- The only way to successfully jump would be to get past the ship.
The crew decided that the only had three options:
- Surrender the holocron, get paid, and likely be hunted by the CSA.
- Power Through, try to get to the other side of the massive craft, and quickly jump to safety.
- Turn Around, try their luck through the mapped caldera, ignore hunger, and hope the entrance is clear.
- Quickly, the entire fleet’s crew decided what they were going to do next.
- FSMR (Tallon) wanted to survive (either run or surrender)
- Fujari (Lurzz) were commited to finishing (power through)
- Moza, Tyrus, and the Crimson Aces wanted to finish and survive (power through)
- Car’Das (Voss) wanted to get paid (power through or surrender)
- Francesca’s Fortune (Asteer) and Twilight Marauder (Knack) wanted to survive.
- The Gravy Train and Vorn (PCs) wanted to power through.
The fleet decided to power through the craft, knowing that the Gravy Train would be the least likely ship to get through without being captured. Marcus rounded up everyone and as much stuff as he could into the escape pod, while B4-D4 volunteered to evasively crash the ship. Shortly thereafter, the escape pod was unable to detach. Marcus investigated and found a combat-ready B4-D4 waiting. Realizing that B4 was likely the mole the whole time, Marcus engaged the droid, destroying him with a missile tube allowing the escape pod to detach from the ship and be brought onto the flagship.
Following a fast and furious engagement with the cruiser, most of the fleet was able to get away. During the evasive flying, the Francesca’s Fortune and Twilight Marauder were tractored and brought into the ship. The fleet was far too busy with its own ships getting grappled.
As the last two ships jumped (Krassk and C-17), the crew was on their was to CSA space. Knowing the proximity to the Hydian Way, the fleet knew that they were safe from their pursuers and continued into the safety of Corporate Sector Space.
- Marcus: Inquisitor
- : 5